May 15, 2008

Yoga, Zoo, Y, and Pizza!

I began the day with pranayam yoga; I was told that if I continue to practice this controlled breathing, I will not need beauty creams. This morning retreat takes me inside my breath, focuses my energy, and stretches so gently. Laughing yoga trumps all; we always end with laughter. Ocelots nose-to-nose with Sarah, Jacob, and Isaac when viewed through a giant crate with plexiglass placed mid-crate. Peacock spooked Sarah when it clumsily jumped from fence to floor; she was on the lookout for the peacocks, chanting pea-cock all over the zoo. Jacob's wide eyes and pointing finger reveal his mind working, drinking in new animals. He watched the kingsnake explore up and down the back cage wall. Isaac held hands with Cassie most of the day. Charming friends. Carlton's class was tonight at the YMCA, so I decided to haul the children to child watch so I could work up a sweat. When class headed outside to run, I hid inside and continued my yoga that ended early so we could be on time to the zoo. I wasn't that committed to a sweat. And with the painting at home, I'd gone to the Y for a climate controlled workout. I caught the last fifteen minutes of class when they all came in. Jumping jacks alternated with mountain climber, ski jumps, pushups, and squat jumps made for a dousing sweat after all. Reward for paint well applied and toys put back in place came in what Isaac termed "beach pizza". We drive an hour and a half to the beach, spend the day, and enjoy sunset over an Anthony's pizza, pizza that reminds us of our pizza and cheesesteak days in Philadelphia. How fun that we found it just around the corner. And, Thursday is 2 for 1 pizza. I love that! Thanks, Uncle Dean, for the graduation gift that will last not one but two outtings of pizza! I'm dressed in my painting garb again. Paint brush waiting in the freezer. Children settled. No excuse not to go paint. Bedroom, kitchen, hallways await paint. Living room half complete. Hup ho! Ignore that pillow calling soft and deep, go to sleep, go to sleep!

No comments: