October 25, 2023

Provo MTC week 1 Oct 25, 2023

 This has been a week! We figured out that my district leaves the MTC a week early, we were supposed to be leaving the week of Thanksgiving but apparently the MTC doesn't arrange travel on holiday weeks. So instead of transitioning to Spanish on Friday we started yesterday! Learning Spanish has been so exciting and I am loving it! I know a good bit more than most of my district so it's been a fun experience getting to try to help them learn and figure it out. 


In Spanish everybody learned how to say "how do you say ...." which is "cómo se dice ..." and the joke has become cómo se dice bruh haha   Spanish has been coming easy for me and I've noticed that as I speak more and more that I've started writing and thinking in Spanish. I don't think I'm gonna switch back to English when I get back!


I got sick the second day here and I've been struggling with that but my companion gave me a blessing on Monday night and that was such a cool experience! In the blessing he said that Heavenly Father is proud of me and knows how much I'm struggling missing those I cannot see. When he said that I broke down immediately. It was a very simple but extremely powerful blessing! 

Campus has been so pretty this week but the trees are already starting to lose their color:( The yellow ones were so gorgeous and they lasted the longest but the red ones we pretty while they lasted. The weather has been super good and I cannot stress enough how much I don't miss the Nebraska weather!! 

My district has an awesome bond already and it's been amazing to get to know them finally! Our first full day in the MTC was my birthday and at the end of the day we had a family prayer and one of the sisters had the idea to do a compliment circle. So now every night we pick a person and everyone says something they like about them. I'm already sick of how many people there are everywhere so I'm ready to get to Argentina and hopefully be out in the boonies! Campus is peaceful but there's just too many people. Speaking of too many people, we started the week with 6 elders in one room and 2 in the other! It was not a fair split lol😂 We now have 4 and 4 so it's not so crowded in our room anymore. Last night we stayed up late talking and telling stories which was a lot of fun! 

I miss you all and I miss my dogs especially:(  I've struggled a bit with feeling like a part of the group sometimes but I haven't felt at all like I shouldn't be here

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hope you enjoy temple. I was endowed & married in Provo. You can think of dad, who took 13 times to get his white tie knotted the day we were sealed in Provo temple. Or pie in basement w Grandpa Taylor. Lots of happy memories in this temple.
As a grad student, I worked Tuesday & Thursday 5:40-11am shift. Prayer meetings to sing a hymn & have a spiritual thought in basement next to cafeteria. Then a chance to smile at all the people who come to come closer to Christ through by entering the House of the Lord, as Elder Gong said in Oct 2023 conf.
Remember to look for Christ in each ordinance. For example the endowment. Freely choose to participate. Promise to obey and sacrifice as Christ sacrifices his life for each of us, atones for each of us. As He said yes to obey in that same breath He said yes to sacrifice. We also choose to obey, the first law of heaven & the endowment. And we sacrifice as Christ did. Then we obey law of gospel or law of Love, to love God & our neighbor. From these three beautiful laws we come crashing down to earth w law of chastity. Remember this law is a promise to be all in for our companion, holding nothing back, as we promise to be faithful to spouse. Then it makes sense to turn to God and promise to be all in for God with law of consecration.
As we approach veil, as Hebrews 10:20 teaches, it represents Christ. So he is with us as we approach the Lord. And the way we hold onto each other at the conclusion of the endowment is the same as when we kneel across the altar. We hold onto Christ. We are joined to him.

Oh I love you and hope & pray for you many times a day for you. I pray you love your companion, your district, your teachers, branch presidency, food, bed, shower, gym & all. Hope things are as good as can be. You will look back on these days and remember them. Hope it will be happy memories!