This week has been a longer week than last week. I am definitely ready to go to the field. I love the MTC but it's just gotten slightly old. There's so many people here and so much going on, I'm just ready to be around less people and have my own schedule. Plus most of the elders are starting to get a little on edge lately.
I'm still loving learning Spanish and I feel like I'm picking it up pretty quickly, so sometimes I wish we moved at a faster pace than we do. I've gotten to the point where I can speak in present tense pretty well and I am working on practicing past and future tense just by talking and telling stories with my companions. I think we are supposed to start full immersion on the whole campus sometime next week. That's gonna be exciting. My pronunciation is getting better and last week I was finally able to figure out how to roll my rs!! It's so satisfying now and it made me so happy when I first found out I could. It's absolutely just been a game of speaking and using the language more. It's exciting learning new words and being able to talk more fluently.
This week we had a devotional from Elder Homer of the 70 and it was really interesting. In our devotional review a lot of us talked about how it felt like a personal callout. He talked a lot about being obedient to the schedule standards and using our time wisely. One of the scriptures he quoted that I really liked was Hebrews 12: 1-2. It says "Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." I liked this a lot because I have a background in racing and in preparation for a race, you ride the course and familiarize yourself with the corners and straights and tricky places ahead of time. We have kind of gotten our prerun of our race course thanks to the scriptures and plan of salvation. The plan of salvation outlined in the scriptures gives us a good idea of the general layout of the course, and the scriptures are kind of like watching a replay of a past race. We get to see the mistakes that other people made and where we can work to not make the same mistakes. Using the examples in the scriptures we can get a good idea of what the course is going to look like, but now that we are actually here and on the course ourselves all the rocks look bigger, the turns are sharper, and the hills are a lot steeper. No one's race is going to be the same, but Jesus Christ is the coach that knows every course. He knows every turn, every hill, every dip and rock and bump. With His help we were able to make it to the race and get across the start line. He has set us off and is watching from the side but He's still there to shout out pointers and give advice when we need it. With His help we will be able to not only finish our race, but win it!
We only have two more full weeks in the MTC which is actually crazy but it's not going to come soon or slow enough. There's been talk that if there are going to be reassignments that they should be coming this Friday I think so pray for my district and I to somehow get our visas in time! Everyone has been trying to guess where they could get reassigned and it seems like the general consensus for where no one wants to go is somewhere in Utah.
Somehow I found 4 people that I went to middle school with. Two of them look the exact same but slightly older and two of them have grown up so much. I didn't think that I would know anyone but by some random luck we are all here together lol
Almost all the pretty trees are gone now so now it's just cold and dry for no reason. We got our first snow last week and it was the first time that one of the sisters in my district had ever seen snow! She was in awe. Sadly it didn't last but while it did the mountains were so much prettier. The MTC is really a prison for keeping us this close to the mountains but not letting us do anything with them except look at them. It's torture not being able to be in them!! I'm ready for P-days where I can go exploring and actually be in nature.
We went to the temple as a district last week and did baptisms together. I loved it because I haven't done baptisms in so long but both last week and this week the elders in my group were all in a hurry to leave and go eat and it kinda ruined it. I wanted to stay and enjoy the peace and calm and spirit but they were all grumpy cause they wanted to go. This week we did initiatory and the sisters finished early and went up to the celestial room to wait for us elders and I didn't know we could do that so I'm upset that none of the elders wanted to. Also the artwork in the temple is so pretty but my companion doesn't appreciate looking at art so I don't get to look at any:(

No comments:
Post a Comment